I've decided that I'm going to finish this cabinet before we move in June or die trying. I finished two more drawers this past weekend. I've gotten into a rhythm with this. I now think of each drawer as a four step process.
- Cut and clean up the tails
- Cut and fit the back of the drawer using through dovetails
- Cut and fit the front of the drawer using half blinds. Fit the bottom
- Fit the completed dry-fit drawer into the case
So, I'm currently 8 1/4 done with the drawers. As soon as I fit the back of drawer nine, I'll be in Fellini territory. (Obscure film history reference there . . . ) It's appropriate, since this project is driving me nuts.