Submitted by Jay Oyster on
Well, I'm still getting errors on the website, mostly related to a theme file I used to build it. I'm on Drupal 7, and unfortunately my understanding is that a) I need to upgrade to v9, but that is across a major chasm of changes, and b) the most painful of the changes is that most of the themes, and particularly the one I use, WILL break.
Anyway, I've patched what I can in v7 on my site and still have error messages. The ironic thing is that nothing is broken. I'm just getting error messages. (I mean, sure, something *is* broken, but none of it is preventing me from doing anything on this site. And since I don't let anyone else log in, I'm the only one that matters on the creative side. :-) )
The quandary now is that I have about a year of small and medium projects to add to the site, along with updates to some of my ongoing long term projects. Do I add them now and risk them not surviving the migration to Drupal 9? No, I won't do that. I'll update status here as I'm working on this, but I'm holding off on my project and shop updates until I get this thing updated.
The bottom line, you may see this site go completely off-the-rails at some point as I'm working to fix things. It makes no sense for me to have a full, offline Dev and Test instance, so I will be fixing in Production . . . so to speak. My professional IT self shudders at the thought. But them's the realities.
Wish me luck!