Opinions on Various and Disparate Topics of Interest to Some or Few
These are the pages where I write non-fiction about topics other than woodworking:
- Art and Aesthetics -- Painting, architecture, kinetic sculpture, graphic design
- Electronics and Software Development -- I like to dabble in electronics and software writing. Nothing too serious. Things like arduino, scripting, application macros, elementary robotics, etc.
- Family and Geneology -- Family history and of course my own, wonderful nuclear family. (Aside: Is there a Nuclear Family Regulatory Commission? In the case of some families I've run across, there ought to be.)
- Food -- Occasionally I like to cook and bake. Recipes, tools, and techniques. I probably won't post much.
- Gardening -- I'm the son of a farmer. It's still in there somewhere. I enjoy gardening, when I can find the time.
- History -- If we don't learn the lessons of history, how can we teach them to our students?
- Investing & Money -- I have theories. I have no standing. But this is America, where you don't need standing to have theories. Just ask Donald Trump.
- Politics -- I'm an anti-conservative, which is a fun thing to be in Georgia, especially among Georgia woodworkers. I usually don't write about it much, but when I do, this is where it can be found.
- Pop Culture -- I have been at various times been obsessed with movies, TV shows, pop music, mystery novels, internet trends, and many of the other minutia of modern 'culture'
- Reviews -- My assessments of various products and services, from books I've read, movies I've watched, to restaurants and museums.
- Science and Space -- I studied physics as an undergraduate. I love NASA and all things rocketry and space exploration.
- Tech Industry -- I'm a general technologist, and love to watch the soap opera of this industry
- Trees and Dendrology -- The study and appreciation of trees
- Words and Language -- I've endeavored to be a Rennaissance man, but my true nature probably lies more with letters than sciences. This is where I post stuff about how words are used and how the English language is evolving.